Email advance orders for 2024 planting of shelter trees such as Thuja, Poplus “chiba”, Alders and Leylands
Native plant nursery | Pukerau Nursery
Pukerau Nursery is recognised as one of the principal growers of native plants for shelter, revegetation and landscaping in the lower South Island. The nursery has specialised in growing native plants for over 30 years, thus acquiring an extensive knowledge of “the right plant for the right place”.
As a nursery we pride ourselves on growing top quality native plants. The majority of our stock is grown from seed collected from throughout Southland and Otago ensuring that plants are cold-hardy and have the best opportunity to grow successfully in your area.
Pukerau Nursery grows a wide range of stock including:
- Farm shelter, amenity trees and cold-hardy natives
- Leyland cypress are now finished . Numbers are limited so order now for 2024 Winter planting.
- Eco-sourced plants for your area
- Riparian and wetland plants
- Ornamental grasses and tussocks
- Small-grade plants for revegetation projects
- Large-grade or bare root trees can be ordered
- Threatened species that increase biodiversity
- Farm shelter plans, including riparian planting
- Residential, rural and commercial gardens
- Environmental consents
- Large-scale revegetation projects
Pukerau Nursery will contract-grow for large projects, especially as some native plants take 18 months from sowing seed to planting.
We also stock a range of products that improve tree establishment such as Combo Tree Protectors, animal repellent and slow-release fertiliser.